Treasurer's Office - Driver's License
CLOSED ON JUNE 30, 2022 FOR STAFF TRAINING
The Hardin County Driver's License Office is always open by appointment only.
Please call 641-939-8238 to schedule an appointment.
The Hardin County Treasurer’s Office is responsible for issuing driver’s licenses to Iowa residents. This also includes motorcycle licenses, Commercial Driver’s Licenses (CDLs) and driver permits for Iowa residents 14 years of age and up.
Driver's License ExpirationA driver’s license expires on the license holder’s birthday. However, the license is still valid for an additional 60 days. CDLs now expire on the expiration date with no 60-day grace period.
Expiration Grace Period & TravelPlease note, when using a driver’s license as a form of identification for travel purposes the 60 days grace period may not be recognized by travel security personnel.
Expirations Exceeding 1 YearIf the driver’s license remains expired for a period of one year after the 60-day grace period, the license holder will be required to take the written knowledge test, the drive test and vision screening test.
Written Test HoursWritten tests for a driver's license are available every week day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. No tests will be allowed to begin after 3:30 p.m.
- Where can I find a study guide for the operator's test?
- How do I get a "veteran" designation on your driver's license or non-operator identification card?
- What is required to get a Motorcycle Driver's License?
- How do I obtain an Iowa Driver's License?
- Where can I find the new Minor School License Form?
- I have misplaced my Iowa license. How can I get a duplicate?
- How can I obtain a copy of an Iowa driving record, traffic ticket or other document?