Work in the Right-of-Way Permit

Persons needing to perform work -- such as tiling, excavating, filling, or any other physical change -- in a road ditch or other designated county right-of-way area must submit a Work in the Right-of-Way Permit Application (PDF) to the Hardin County Engineer’s Office.

(Please note: It is not necessary to submit this form together with the Driveway Application if the County is constructing your driveway or driveway extension. This form is required, however, if you or another private contractor will be performing your driveway work.)  

Application & Permit Submission

All applications and permits can be faxed to the Engineer's Office at 641-858-3182 or emailed to Lori Kohart. They may also be mailed to:

Hardin County Engineer's Office
708 16th Street
Eldora, IA 50627

Questions & Concerns

Please contact the Engineer's Office at 641-858-5058 with any questions or concerns about permits and applications.